Sunday, September 18, 2011

Show entry, Silver, Korea and Tassie


I am just about packed and am sitting watching the Davis Cup, having a lazy Sunday before I head off to Korea tomorrow, well Sydney tomorrow, Korea on Tuesday. I have been invited to speak at a Cheongju Craft Biennial symposium and again in Seoul at the EWHA women's University.
My second Oriental binding for the Melbourne show, finished just before I had to deliver to the showgrounds. I have finished work on the latest IAPMA Bulletin that will be the catalogue for the silver exhibition. I will get the proofs when I return home, the invitations have already been printed and will available soon. We have 62 wall hung pieces, 32 3D for plinths and 12 that be free hanging and there's a fabulous variety of pieces.


Once I get home I'll be concentrating on the exhibition and on the three day workshop I'm running in Tasmania at the Moonah Arts Centre from the 19th to 21 November, for more information contact sandbworkshops@gmail.com
The workshop is Exploring the Sculptural Book.
Learn several techniques for decorating papers and then combine them in several sculptural books. The book forms covered include piano hinge, a two needle Coptic binding with and without covers and an exploration of the concertina including a flag book and variations of pages sewn or glued into a concertina.

No comments: