Saturday, April 11, 2009

More Nesting, Aussie book workshop and Yabbers postcards

Most of Nesting is now at Lumina Gallery in Malvern and in Nowa Nowa as part of Twitter. Here are some pics of it at Lumina.



And here are a few pics from the Aussie Fibre book workshop, held in conjunction with Shared Journeys exhibition at Victoria University in Melbourne.


Yabbers are continuing with postcard exchanges this year, here are two I've received, the top one features solar printing and the bottom knitting and crochet for texture. On our gallery walk in March we saw a really interesting show at Dianne Tanzer Gallery of knitted artworks by Dana Harris so decided that our next postcard should include knitting or crochet.

I made my piece from some paper I bought at the Congress from Mary Hark.

In the plane on my back from Burnie I started making paper string,

Thanks to Lee I held the ends of the paper together with safety pins, saved a lot of tangle.

I then knitted it with a couple of my stripped blackwood wattle sticks.

Then the problem came, how to post it? Here is what I came up with, I hope it arrives safely.

1 comment:

jo horswill said...

Great images here and on the previous post too, thanks Gail. Great to see all of this wonderful creativity and how busy you are with it all.
Hope to see you soon, Jo