Tuesday, August 26, 2008

noosa and 4 words 4 paper



I missed out on getting into the Noosa Show this year. This was my contribution, the theme was Back to Basics and My take on that theme was to go back to a basic nursery rhyme as my theme but I needed to have some text. I called the book 'Foran 20' for 4 and 20 blackbirds. I made a pie and photographed it for the basis of the book.


My latest contribution for 4 words 4 Paper is a gatefold book of two sections, the cover was a sample piece to be framed but I chose two others in its place.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pie-fold! I admire the suptural quality of your books. I always plan to make mine more sculptural, but it hasn't worked out that way yet.

Joanne B Kaar said...

I like your circular books. How do you make the images? Are some digital prints?

Papergail said...

Thanks for the comments, most of my images are digital prints, for the pie I made an apple pie and photographed it. My sandstories book was made up of photographs I took of sand bubbles made by crabs up in the Daintree.