Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas and blogging

Christmas day at my brother's, the two tables are set, he did a great job of feeding the masses, well twenty of us for the day.
The first table, my 14 yr old niece made the place names.
The second table - the outdoor table was replaced on the deck by the lounge suite. It was lovely sitting out there when we first arrived, but the day served us up the widest range of weather, probably the first ever white Christmas for Melbourne. Not snow but hail. We had to rush around with sheets of black plastic to rescue the lounge suite.
Then the path to the road turned into a swimming pool, just added a bit of excitement to the day, it was lovely to catch up with family and friends.

After fairly limited blogging this year and no catching up with other people's blogs I've had a couple of very relaxing days catching up on blogs. I read a few that I had links from here and realised I hadn't updated my list since I started blogging, today I've done a little of updating but need to do some more. I caught up a bit on Impact 7 which I was sorry to miss out on but was just back from Korea and had lots to catch up on. I have also joined in an exchange with bookartobject organised by Sara Bowen where we make an edition of books based on titles of the 100 short stories in the book 'An Exercise for Kurt Johannessen' written and buried by Sarah Bodman. My group is group four and so far is seven artists from around the world, I have chosen to work with pulp fiction, it seemed the obvious choice for a paper nut! Not sure what I'll do but it will be something with pulp.

No comments: