Last week after I'd made the paper from the white that fell on the ground it came out looking very grubby so I decided to rust it and some thread to bind the book I was planning last week. I finished that book off last night and all the chooks seem to have suffered no ill effects from consuming lots of paper pulp, the eggs seem to be OK too!
Here are the pieces which were destined for cards and a bit lower on the page you can see the cards themselves, about 4 sheets were OK to keep white but I quite like the rusty look anyway.
|rusted paper and thread, the top one is cotton the bottom linen|
|The finished book bound with linen thread|
|Photo album made as a demo for Bairnsdale workshop and completed this week.|
|Book cloth cover with window of Korean Hanji|
|Inside, each photo page is protected with a sheet of translucent paper|
|paper brooches just back from CAS show|
|card with hanji and japanese paper|
|Card with hanji and some papers bought back from Japan|
|Rusted card with sample from Geelong workshop antiquing|
|Rusted card with sample from Geelong workshop graphite and shellac|
|Card with sample from Geelong workshop |
|Card with sample from Geelong workshop watercolour and irridescent medium|