Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Sydney

Last weekend I went to Sydney to teach my armature workshop to Southern Papermakers and was lucky to stay with Jill again. We went to the opening of 'Art Bound' an artist book exhibition put on by 'Australian Bookbinders Inc', at Gallery Red, Glebe, NSW. There were some great works there AND I got to catch up with Chris, Di and Wendy. Chris was in the class I did at Primrose in March (and again on Saturday); Di shared a table at a workshop given by Sandy Webster at the Geelong Forum a few years ago and Wendy I met for the first time, though we've exchanged pleasantries many times and I was lucky enough to win a piece of hers in the 'One Heart' event earlier this year.
 Preparing the forms from cane.
Making the paper from kozo.
Dipping wire and other forms in the kozo.

No comments: