Monday, March 1, 2010

Montalto, Linden etc.

Had a great weekend starting off with a trip to the Peninsula for the Montalto Sculpture Show,
some terrific sculptures (including one by Andrew Wood our neice's husband) and such a lovely venue with the vines, the olives and the fabulous vege patch. We try to get down most years for the show which is well worth the visit. We also went for a walk along the beach at Shoreham before heading to Flinders for a coffee then home.

On Sunday we were going to a party in Albert Park so decided to fit in a visit to the Linden Postcard Show, it was mindblowing close to 2000 entries including one of Katy's and three of neice Josie's plus a few other names/work I recognised and and know. There were some fabulous works but too much to take in in one visit.

I spent a bit of time last week fiddling with this blog and my website, I worked out how to get the link to etsy and to set up a slideshow which is made up of old work. I removed everthing pre 2004 from my website but still like a lot of the pieces so moved many of them to my flickr site so 20 of them show up in the slideshow at the right.

Today is the closing date for the next IAPMA Bulletin so I'll be at the computer for the day, sorting through what I have and doing some editing, it is nearly midday and I haven't even started, anything to avoid work!

2 comments:

A mermaid in the attic said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend Gail! Books arrived safe and sound on Thurs. I won't be able to get to them for a bit, in the middle of paintings for a couple of competitions, but that gives me some pondering time to mull over ideas anyway! :)

Papergail said...

Thanks Christina,
no rush with the books they've been sitting a box for about 10 years so another while won't hurt. I've found some similar paper that I'll pop in the mail for you. Good luck with the paintings by the way!