Monday, July 18, 2016

Fibre Arts Australia Winter School Collage Workshop

It seems like forever ago but at the start of this month I was fortunate to spend a week working with a group of talented artists from around the world. Our teacher was Cordula Kagemann from Germany and the class was collage diptychs, triptychs and installations (including polyptychs !) 
It was wonderful to have five full days devoted to making art and playing, thank you Cordula and Glenys and team from Fibre Arts Australia.

My works found a home in a corner of our living room
I also needed to find room for the print I got from This Wild Song
project of Ilona Nelson interviewing and photographing Australian women artists.
My portrait is of Polixeni Papapetrou
My pieces in progress
Cordula with our thank you gift
The class on the final night
Each of the eight classes displayed their work on the final night, it was a great display and these are what our class produced.
Top Anne bottom Jeann

Anne's work
Christine's work

my work

Jeann's work

Kaye's work
Lyn's work

Nancy's work

Pamela's work


2 comments:

Jeann of Melton said...

The way you have displayed your Fibre Arts work at home is brilliant. I enjoyed your company and the way our group worked together. Cordula was a joy as a tutor.

Glenys said...

Thanks for your great comments about the Fibre Arts Winter School, Gail. Was great to see all of the work from Codula's workshop on the final night...fabulous work! Look forward to seeing more!